Summer Blog Post 1
A memoir:
The summer of 2019 was the most terrific summer I had ever had. You see, it was my first time crossing the Atlantic ocean, and after around 20 hours of travelling, I had arrived in Montréal, Canada with my best friend.
Although we only had four days in Montréal to soak up as much of the city as possible, we were planning on doing everything available. Our first full day we decided to do some shopping on St. Catherines Street. The street is 11.2 km long and has a profuse amount of stores along it.
One of the first stores we had gone into was Steve Madden. Now, I have an enormous weak spot when it comes to shoes, and lucky for me, they had a 50% off sale going on. We decided to look around and after about 7 minutes of looking, I laid my eyes on the most magnificent, gorgeous, out-of-this-world pair of sandals. I'm not usually one to wear sandals, (sneakers are more my type of thing), but you have to understand, these were beyond Ms. Universe beautiful. Since I had saved up a lot of money for this trip, I chose to make the incredible decision of buying these glorious shoes, (Because why not? They were on a sale anyways?).
"Do you happen to have this in a size 6?" I asked the lady at the counter, as I motioned the shoe towards her.
"Let me check that for you." She took the shoe and disappeared to the back room.
2 minutes later she came back letting me know that unfortunately for me, they did not have it in my size. But, the good news was that there were another two Steve Madden stores on St. Catherines.
I thank my friend for being so cooperative with me that day as I had dragged them up and down the street trying to find the other two Steven Madden stores.
The second store we went to ended up not having my size either but lucky for me, third times a charm. As soon as the lady handed me the box of shoes in my size, I purchased them.
Fast forward a week and we're in Toronto. I had worn the sandals out twice at this point, but both times were out to dinner, so I only had them on for 3 hours max.
We woke up one morning and decided that we were going to have a day roaming around the city. I had made the smart decision of wearing my sandals out for the entire day, (spoiler: it was not so smart of me).
We left the apartment at around 10am that morning and by around 1pm, my feet had so many blisters that I could barely walk. We had no idea what to do, we were too far to go back to the apartment. We made the conscience agreement to walk to the Eaton Centre and buy me some socks.
For about 90 minutes, I was walking around Toronto with panda socks and sandals. It did not look great. The socks were barely helping and I felt as though my feet were going to fall off.
We left the Eaton Centre and were walking around the city when we passed a Rexall Drugstore. I stopped immediately and said to my friend, "Why didn't we just buy band-aids?".
We laughed, got band-aids, and I felt much better.
Comments
Post a Comment