All About Me
Pt. 1 - Me
I love playing football, (aka soccer), and this year it's my second year playing football. I would consider myself a very adventurous person, I've gone down the longest zip line in the world which I consider a huge accomplishment since I was extremely nervous. I'm also obsessed with the ocean, I think its one of the most beautiful things on earth. I care a lot about animals and being from South Africa I see loads of wild animals every year and help my aunt who is a vet, treat some of the animals. I was a pescatarian for 3 years mostly just because I never liked meat that much but my love for fruit is crazy. Language plays a very big role in my life as I use it to communicate with people every day. Since I speak two languages, not only does it help me to communicate with people in English but also with people who speak Afrikaans. I think that it's important to study language because it can help improve both your reading and writing skills. By studying language you also improve your vocabulary and the way you speak. One language barrier I have encountered in my life is when it comes to speaking to my relatives. I am better in English where they better in Afrikaans, I am able to explain myself better in English but they don't always understand what I'm trying to say so I would switch to Afrikaans but I would get confused on what words mean what since many Afrikaans have two meanings.
Pt. 2 - Goals
Something new I will try this year is to read as many books as possible. Last year I bought all 7 of the Harry Potter books and my goal was to finish them by the beginning of summer but I only managed to get through 5 of the books. This year I want to be able to finish the last two books and read others. I feel like reading can improve your vocabulary a lot which is something I would really like to improve on. Over the next two years, I will be studying language and literature and this could affect my future because I could possibly be studying English at a university. My goal of the language and literature course is to improve my vocabulary, learn to annotate better and quicker and to enjoy myself.
Comments
Post a Comment