Self Evaluation
By looking at criterion A in the rubric, it is asking whether the analysis shows understanding of the text. I believe I showed a good understanding of the text, but I could have been more clear in my writing regarding as to how I explained my understanding of the text. For criterion B, I only showed adequate awareness of the stylistic features and their effects on the text. I mentioned only some of the stylistic features but did not explain them to a fuller extent. My style and structure paragraph was very brief and needed more developing. In relation to criterion C, I had some organization in my paper. I had a lot of ideas on what to write on my paper one -with relation to the text given- but I did not organize and plan my writing properly beforehand causing the organization to be confusing and not easy to follow. My explanations were also very simple and there was little development of the argument. I believe that the language used in the text could have been better. In relation to criterion D, the language was sometimes clear and carefully chosen with grammar, vocabulary and sentence structure being fairly accurate, although errors and inconsistencies were apparent.
Some of the paragraphs in my paper one had concise topic sentences that outlined the purpose of the paragraphs, but they could have been more precise in stating what the paragraph will contain. I believe that the statements about the audience, purpose, tone and mood were specific and clear. The statements made about the theme, style and structure could have been much more to the point. In each of the paragraphs, I could have tied the context in better, as well as have a better understanding of the context in general. I did not communicate what my idea of the context was exhaustively. As mentioned before, I use correct quotes in the paper one to support my statement, I just did not analyse the quotes enough which made my statements weak.
Comments
Post a Comment