Idiolect Conversation
- 20 lines
- Opposite idiolect
N - me
O - other person
N: Hi, my name is Natasha, what's yours?
O: Matthew.
N: I'm from South Africa but I've only lived there for 3 years.
O: Oh, I am Hawaiian
N: How long have you been in the UAE?
O: I am only here on holiday.
N: I lived here for 15 years. So what grade are you in?
O: I have graduated but I do not work, my parents have a lot of money
N: Loaded parents, cool! Have you got any siblings or pets? I have a brother and 2 dogs
O: I do not have either
N: Would you like to get fries? I'm starving, I haven't eaten all day!
O: Fries? Disgusting.
N: How about something else? They have ice cream and pizzas?
O: No.
N: There is no need to be so rude
O: I am not being rude, I do not want anything
N: You could say "No, thank you"
O: No thank you, goodbye
N: It was nice talking to you
O: I couldn't say the same.
Comments
Post a Comment